Mission Statement & Brief


For my Advanced Production I have decided to go with:

Option (9) A website for a new TV channel (to include a minimum of three hyperlinked pages with original images, audio and video extract), together with two of the following three options:

  • A newspaper advertisement for the channel;
  • A double page spread for a listings magazine, focused on the channels launch;   (Task 1)
  • An animated ident sequence for the channel   (Task 2)
     = Chosen options.

Pitfalls to Avoid:
  • Make sure the website is live by the deadline
  • Make sure any media I upload is available
  • Don't overcrowd my piece with too much text
I decided to choose these tasks because the final pieces differed from the AS print pieces. This means I will get to use new digital technology and other software that I am not used to, which will improve my overall skills as a media student. For example, in AS I never used any technology involving film, therefore it will be my first time using software like 'iMovie' when it comes to making my ident video.