Ident First Drafts

These are my four ident ideas. I decided that all shots would be in slow motion as that is one of the main conventions of an ident video. There are two different shots, and two attempts at each shot. For the shot underneath the basket, I decided to do it again as I felt that the sound was not to the right standard, also the way the ball entered the net was not as 'pretty' as it could have been. As for the other shot, I was unsure of having a model in my piece as it didn't fit my purpose which was to be generic and simple. However, I did like the idea of the 'layup' shown so I retook the shot but focused on the basket, cutting out the model for the most part.




The reason I like this ident is becasue it is very generic and suiting of a TV ident, as there are no faces which make it lose its generic appeal. However, there are hands at the bottom of the shot which devalues the ident as it isn't quite purely generic.






This ident is effective as you get a medium shot of the basket, so there is more to see. It is also a different finish compared to the first ident, as this is a layup compared to a standard shot. The weakness is again the person shown which doesn't make it generic, although this is impossible to avoid when filming a layup.




I like these idents because they are generic and simple which is what I was going for. I chose to take two different shots to have an option to choose, as the first shot didn't finish into the net as nicely as it could of. The second shot is more of a 'swish' shot meaning it is very central to the net and results in a swishing motion of the net, which is the best looking shot.