Planning my Double Page Spread

For my double page spread, the target audience will need to be addressed and persuaded to watch my TV channel. The purpose of the TV listings double page spread is exactly that, to grow the audience but also to inform the target audience that I already have attracted about what shows are on. I can address my audience by adding featured programmes which are the most popular. This would attract attention as the reader of the magazine would see the popular shows advertised and therefore would be more likely to tune in to the channel.

There are two different ways I could choose to design my double page spread. One is to have a TV listings schedule with several added featured shows that are on. The other possibility is to have a more detailed feature on just one show that is featuring on my channel. In my opinion, this would look better than a tv listings guide as there would be more space for pictures which would allow me to add better/more dramatic pictures that would make the TV show advertised look more enticing.